Tuesday, September 28, 2010
This package of 203 inter-disciplinary titles has been discounted 88% off list – a great starter package for those libraries who want to extend access to high-quality information beyond the library institution and into the home, school, or workplace. Here’s what you’ll accomplish with the GALE VIRTUAL REFERENCE LIBRARY:
· Drive reliable, relevant and authoritative information to your patrons’ desktops – 24/7 remotely. No special readers or hardware required.
· Provide indepth background information along with current news content through cross-searching these titles with any InfoTrac periodical database so patrons get the full picture in one search
· Give staff and learners unlimited access to quality content without fear of damaged material or missing volumes. This is a permanent ownership model – only recurring cost is an annual hosting fee of $100.00.
· Further differentiated learning initiatives in your community – some people learn best by reading, while others learn best by listening. The Gale Virtual Reference Library offers patrons choice with READSPEAK technology. Every article is audible.
· Respond to the multicultural needs of your community. Every article may be translated into 11 languages (Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Russian, German, Polish).
· Make information portable -- every article may be downloaded to the handheld device, making it easy for patrons to have access to authoritative information whenever or wherever they’d like.
· Build a methodology for collection development. Since usage is provided for each title in your collection, you’ll see exactly what your patrons are interested in. You’ll be able to make future purchases to your virtual library based on statistical data, rather than on intuition.
To start your trial of all 203 titles, to review the title list, and request a quote for your library, just click on http://galesites.com/offer/ca
Remember, this special CALIFA offer is only available through December 31, 2010. * So act now and save!
*Ask us about the special incentive for ordering early!
Monday, September 13, 2010
Want to hear how three libraries changed the way they do business? Want to know how to they became more streamlined and efficient? Then join us on September 22 for an exciting FREE Webinar, featuring representatives from three leading libraries across the country. You’ll hear firsthand how they achieved success with 3MTM SelfCheckTM Systems, despite a few obstacles along the way.
We highly recommend this Webinar to you, our valued customer, because it’s invaluable information, available to you FREE. If you’re interested in streamlining your operations, you owe it to yourself to join us on the 22nd. If you can't attend the live Webinar, your registration will allow you to view the archived file for up to one year.
For more information, and registration, visit www.LibraryJournal.com/selfservice
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Some news on the Pepsi Tuition Funding Sources scholarship search site - many of you have expressed interest, and basically, if at least 476 branches sign on, total, in CA, the price will be $30/branch. If 600 branches come on, the price will drop to $25/branch. Califa will be coordinating the order, which needs to happen by the end of September, so if you are interested, please let me know. (For those of you who have already let me know, I'll be sending you the order confirmation information this week).
Below is more information about the product.
As you may already know, Tuition Funding Sources is a website sponsored by and subsidized by the Pepsi-Cola Company. It contains the largest database (by far!) of scholarships in existence. It also contains information on careers, colleges and universities, and is a NON-commercial website - meaning no advertising, pop-up ads, no selling of any email addresses or other confidential information.
Pepsi has decided they want to make this service available to libraries nationwide, and has asked us (we are the developer and owner of the website) to make libraries aware of this opportunity. We have priced this service at $100 per branch per year. HOWEVER, in talking about this with various library directors and others in the California system, and knowing of the budget constraints the libraries face, we are able to offer this service at a lower price - especially on a volume basis. Pepsi has told us "don't let pricing be the issue!".
Here is a link to enable you to look at the site: www.tuitionfundingsources.com/?library=demo.
Please feel free to give me a call, or send an email with any questions or concerns. Pepsi has given us a deadline to put this in as many libraries as possible up until September 30, when that window will close. Pepsi will then evaluate where we are, and decide whether to offer it to more libraries next year. However, they will continue to subsidize the libraries who have signed up this year in future years, regardless of their future decisions.
Friday, September 3, 2010